Take a Tour of TIP Facilities
what we do
By coupling UConn's world-class research resources, facilities, and business support services to a network of experienced investors and entrepreneurs, we help launch startups ready to transform their respective markets.
Since 2003 TIP companies have raised more than $80 million in equity and debt, $50 million in grant funding, and have generated more than $45 million in revenue.
The advantages of working with us are numerous.
Labs & Offices
Available wet & dry labs and office space
Connect with Scientists
Introductions to scientists for possible research partnerships
Entrepreneurial & VC
Connections to entrepreneurial and VC communities
Access to COR²E research facilities and services
Library and Databases
Access to UConn's world-class library resources and databases
Business Planning & Expertise
Customized business planning and mentoring services. Introductions to advisors, mentors and subject matter-experts
Animal Facilities & Clinical Trials
Access to animal facilities and human-subject research at UConn Health and UConn Storrs
Interns, Fellows & Graduates
Connections to technically-trained fellows, interns and qualified graduates
companies we're currently working with
open positions at tip companies
Part-Time Temporary Research Assistant
Thetis Pharmaceuticals LLC
This position will primarily involve standard in vivo experimental procedures, including animal handling and restraint, drug administration via multiple routes (p.o., p.r., and s.c.), tissue sample collection, and histopathological and molecular assays. This position will require 80-120 hours per month (occasionally up to 35 hours per week) and will last for 4-6 months.
Want us to help take your new startup to the next level? Think your startup is worthy?
Send us an email to get the conversation started!
2017-18 TIP Company Application Form, Click Here
inside uconn tip
Sept. 26, 2017 - Inside Tip Podcast, New Release of Episode 3:
"Inside Frequency Therapeutics. " (:16)
Sept. 19, 2017 - Inside TIP Podcast, Episode 2
"Inside Shoreline Biome" (:19)
Sept. 12, 2017 - Inside Tip Podcast, New Release of Episode 1:
"Inside LambdaVision, Inc. " (:22)
UConn TIP Companies, LambdaVision and Shoreline Biome accepted to the 2018 cohort of the ABCT Accelerator, ABCT is a competitive entry, 6-month long program that helps emerging bioscience ventures
Welcome to new UConn TIP company, Eir Medical
Corey Acker, PhD, of UConn and TIP company, Potentiometric Probes, received a BioScience Pipeline award to optimize voltage-sensitive dyes to be used for cardiac safety studies and high-throughput drug screening.
View our expanded calendar, click here
Tech Trends & Beyond
400 Farmington Avenue, Farmington, Connecticut, USA
Women in Technology International (WITI) is bringing their network to UConn TIP!
Tech Trends and Beyond
Join local senior leaders who will share their insights and vision of today and tomorrow – and learn about technology and legislation that could impact your business. Also, hear about their career, interests and what it takes to be a leader in an organization.
9:00 AM - Registration, Networking and light breakfast fare
9:30 AM - WITI Overview and Introductions
9:35 AM - Program and Discussion
10:45 AM - Additional Q&A, Raffle Prizes
11:00 AM - Additional Networking
TIP Office Hours: Accounting, Tax Tips
R1854, 400 Farmington Ave., Farmington, Connecticut, United States of America
The accounting, tax and advisory firm CohnReznick will hold office hours.
Sign up for office hours: http://signup.com/go/VctUCNM
Investment Banking Insights - UConn Innovators & Business Leaders Speaker Event
Storrs, Connecticut, United States of America
Presented by the UConn Office of the Vice President for Research, Technology Incubation Program and the UConn School of Business. The presentation will be followed by a networking reception.
Featured Presenters: Gary Brewster, Managing Partner, Houlihan Lokey
Over 30,000 square feet of state-of-the-art lab and office space across the UConn Storrs and Farmington campuses.
student fellows, interns, and graduates
The UConn-TIP Fellowship Program pairs UConn students with University startup companies for mentored research fellowships and fellowships in Business or STEM areas.
Providing connections to interns, fellows, and trained graduates
Stay current with the latest TIP news and events.
- Craig Anderson Regional Network President UnitedHealth Group
- Matthew D. Cohen Vice President Research & Development Medtronic
- Colleen Feriod Cuffaro, Ph.D. Principal Canaan Partners
- Nicholas Donofrio Executive Vice President Innovation and Technology (Ret.) IBM
- Timothy B. Folta, Ph.D. Professor, Faculty Director, CCEI UConn
- James (Jim) Fritz Executive Director Innovation Business Development United Technologies
- Susan Froshauer, Ph.D. President & CEO CURE
- Victor Hesselbrock, Ph.D. Senior Associate Dean for Research UConn Health
- Peter Hicks Senior Vice President Manager Emerging Growth Banking Group; Sponsor and Specialty Finance, Webster Bank
- Mee-Jung Jang Co-Founder & Managing Director Jefferson Investors
- James T. LaFrance CEO & President LaFrance Consulting, Biotechnology Advisor and Investor
- Charles Lee, Ph.D., FACMG Scientific Director & Professor The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Science
- Chris McLeod Managing Partner Elm Street Ventures
- Christine Meehan Entrepreneur in Residence School of Nursing, UConn; Angel Investor, Golden Seeds
- Gerald A. Michaud President & Director Horizon Technology Finance
- Paul F. Thompson Chief Strategy Officer Health & Life Sciences DXC Technology (Hewlett Packard Enterprise)
- Juan Salazar, MD, MPH Physician-in-Chief, Professor Chair, Pediatrics, School of Medicine, UConn Health, Connecticut Children’s Medical Center
- Shana Schlossberg CEO Upward Hartford
- John Strahley Managing Director Ironwood Capital
- Sal Syed CEO and Co-Founder Arccos Golf
- Mei Wei, Ph.D. Professor and Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Education Dept. of Materials Science & Engineering UConn
- Shawn P. Williams, Ph.D. Vice President, Research & Development Rogers Corporation
- David Wurzer Executive Vice President & Chief Investment Officer Connecticut Innovations, Inc.
Access to specialized equipment from over 90 research core facilities at internal UConn faculty rates.
meet the team
- Mostafa Analoui, Ph.D. Executive Director of Venture Development firstname.lastname@example.org 860.486.1482
- Gloria Kolb Director of Venture Development email@example.com 860.679.7016
- Paul Parker Director of the Technology Incubation Program firstname.lastname@example.org 860.486.8027
- Ana Lena Fidantsef, Ph.D. Technology Licensing Associate email@example.com 860.486.1353
Technology Commercialization & Industry Relations
- Nicole Baccaro Manager, Technology Incubation Program firstname.lastname@example.org 860.679.2921
- Rita Zangari Senior Advisor email@example.com 860.486.3010
- Thomas Gerson Entrepreneur in Residence firstname.lastname@example.org 203.868.9249
Senior Director of Cornovus
- MaryJane Rafii Entrepreneur in Residence email@example.com
- Barry Schweitzer, Ph.D. Entrepreneur in Residence Barry.Schweitzer@uconn.edu 860.486.8718
thank you for your contribution to the TIP Enhancement Fund